top of page
Leadenhall Market 2 - m.jpg

The general flow of studying abroad in the UK

1. 1. Collect materials related to studying abroad

 Poster posted at school, ask the teacher in charge at school, search on the net, hear stories from people who have studied abroad in the past ... First, collect as many materials as possible and say, "What am I? Please look for "Is it suitable for you?" This process can take a couple of years, but it's important to be patient and thoroughly research until you find a program that you are comfortable with.


Many study abroad consultants and agents offer free consulting, so it may be a good idea to consult a professional once you have decided on the country you want to go to, the type of program, study abroad time, budget, etc. Some consultants take the form of "free for the first time only", and some consultants have a fixed consultation time. Be sure to check that point before starting a consultation.

2. 2. Check the program you wish to participate in, the conditions for admission to the school, etc.


 The important thing in narrowing down the programs you want to participate in is the conditions for admission at the same time as the contents of the school program. Even for short-term study abroad programs such as the summer course and spring course, many university-sponsored programs have a high level of participation, and some of them have active English university students as their main participants. In some cases, it is "English: Native level". Also, in the recently popular "Becoming an English Teacher Course", it may be a condition that you have actually been in charge of the class as an English teacher for more than 2 years. Also, even in the program that was "OK from Eiken 2nd grade", there are cases where most of the classmates were native and could not follow the course at all.


If you want to find a study abroad destination by yourself without using an agent, you need to investigate the conditions not specified in detail.

3. 3. Decide which course to attend


If you don't use an agent, one of the factors that will determine the quality of the course is to "actually email the staff in charge of the course and see how polite the answer is and how quickly it is answered". there is. The quality of a class can be judged by whether the course is certified by the British Council (in the case of an English course), but when actually attending the course, it depends on the satisfaction of the course. In fact, it is the good response of the person in charge who has important interactions before attending the course.


"I've been waiting, but I haven't received my visa letter." "I received the letter, but the name was incorrect and I asked for a corrected version, but I didn't receive it even after two weeks." If possible, it is important to identify the course that has such a person in charge. A program that responds promptly and politely will solve any problems in the field promptly.


Most of the short-term study abroad courses have a deadline of 3 to 4 months before the actual study abroad, and most of the programs pay the participation fee when the participation is decided (participation is confirmed when the payment is made). Please note that if you pay the tuition fee, you may not get the full amount back depending on the time of cancellation. Therefore, it is necessary to check the schedule carefully when deciding to participate.


4. Prepare application documents


 In the case of short-term study abroad, you may have to fill out the application form and then complete the student registration online individually depending on the university, and the agent or the school / university to which you belong may have to complete those procedures. It may also act on your behalf.

After completing these procedures, you will often receive an email with a visa letter (offer letter / admission letter) based on the information you have entered. Immediately after receipt, we will check your name, date of birth, passport number, gender, address, etc. for any mistakes.

For regular study abroad, the process of submitting this application will take a considerable amount of time.

Just like submitting an application to a Japanese university, in addition to the transcript required for the application, you must have your motivation, resume, and letter of recommendation (2 to 3) in English. Since it is an important document that determines the impression given to the examiner and determines the pass or fail, it is a principle to write it by the person himself, but it is necessary to have a native person see and check the English text in advance. In addition, if there are omissions or mistakes in the application form, it may be disadvantageous for the examination, so you will have to check the application form many times so that you can apply in perfect form.

If you are enrolling from September, it is a prerequisite to apply by April to June of that year, but enrollment with conditions only for the English part such as "participate in the English course for xx weeks" Permission may be granted. Therefore, if English does not meet the admission requirements, send an application to the university's desired faculty as soon as possible, get admission from the university with conditions related to English proficiency, and then the language school attached to the university. It will be in the form of studying at. In this case, if you can graduate from the language school, you can go on to university.

Unfortunately, if there are conditions other than English (for example, if you have not graduated from law but want to enroll in a law school), it is often difficult to meet those conditions, and it is often difficult to meet the conditions. It also happens that you have to change.


5. Participate in orientation for study abroad

 If you participate through a university or school, you can interact and exchange information with people who participate in the same course by participating in two to multiple meetings and lectures such as crisis management before studying abroad. Can be done. If you apply individually, you will be supplemented by getting information from the participating UK schools and universities.


If you are studying abroad for a short period of time, you will receive a stamp calledShort Term Study Visa from the immigration inspector at the first airport you arrive in the UK. Please see the following page for details

*** First try is different here!


   At our company, the staff who first consulted with the customer will support you locally, so there is no communication problem such as "I was talking to the other staff ...".


Also, you can rest assured that detailed personal information will not be shared by many staff members.

bottom of page